It’s the Halloween weekend, why not use it to watch some scary movies and lose some weight! According to science, some tense films can get you so worked up, it’s a work out! Researchers in England had people watch horror and thriller films while hooked up to devices that measured their heart rate and oxygen intake, among other things. They discovered a good heart pounding scary movie can burn an average of 113 calories. That’s the equivalent of going for a half hour walk. And here is their list of the top 8 calorie burning films. Binge watch a few this weekend, and maybe you can skip the gym Monday!
- The Shining: 184 calories.
- Jaws: 161 calories.
- The Exorcist: 158 calories.
- Alien: 152 calories.
- Saw: 133 calories.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street: 118 calories.
- Paranormal Activity: 111 calories.
- The Blair Witch Project: 105 calories.