Michael Phillip “Mick” Jagger was born on July 26, 1943, in Dartford, England and celebrates his 74th birthday today.
July also carried another milestone… July 12 marked the 55th anniversary of the Stones’ first live gig.
To celebrate here are 5 facts and and 5 of our favourite Mick sung songs.
5 Mick Facts
1. He has eight children by five different mothers.
2. On December 12, 2003, the Prince of Wales knighted Jagger at Buckingham Palace in London for “services to music,” joining the ranks of his fellow famous English rockers Paul McCartney, Elton John, Rod Stewart and Ray Davies.
3. In 1995, he formed Jagged Films with producing partner Victoria Pearman.
4. Jagger has branched out on his own with five solo albums: 1985’s She’s the Boss, 1987’s Primitive Cool, 1993’s Wandering Spirit, 2001’s Goddess in the Doorway and 2007’s The Very Best of Mick Jagger.
5. Once said, “I’d rather be dead than singing “Satisfaction” when I’m 45.”